9 January, 2017
Vegan Lemon Coconut Muffins
Here’s a lovely lemon and coconut muffin recipe that’s completely dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free and vegan. What’s more, they are rich in vitamin C and iron.
You can bake a cake instead using the same mixture, it’s up to you.
For the recipe, I’m using a flax seed egg replacer that’s really easy to make. You just have to mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed or flax seed flour and combine it with 3 tablespoons of water in order to get 1 egg.
- Juice from 1 medium-sized lemon
- ¼ cup of water (Depends on how juicy your lemon is)
- The zest from 1 lemon
- 2 flax seed “eggs” (2 tablespoons of flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil of your choice
- Sweetener of your choice (The quantity depends on how sweet or sour you prefer your muffins)
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of oat flour
- Vanilla extract – optional
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grate the peal of the lemon into a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice into the same bowl and add the water, the egg substitute, some vanilla extract, your vegetable oil and your sweetener, then whisk the mixture.
Add the shredded coconut, the oat flour and the baking powder and mix everything together. If the mixture looks too dry, you can add some more water.
Fill your muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes. Let them cool down before you serve them.
You can put some coconut cream on them once they cool down.
If you like the recipe, share it with your friends and don’t forget to follow me on my social media pages to know when a new recipe is up. 🙂
More Vegan Muffin Recipes