Here’s an easy-to-make recipe for delicious crispy cookies that are completely vegan and gluten-free.
They are something like shortbread sugar cookies but with coconut and maple syrup flavor. If you don’t have maple syrup and coconut sugar, don’t worry. You can use just sugar or honey (if you aren’t vegan).
You may also like:
- Delicious Vegan Marble Cookies
- Crispy Honey Cookies With Nuts (Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free)
- No-Bake Vegan Coconut And Orange Jam Cookies
- Delicious Homemade Vegan Raffaellos
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- ½ cup of rice flour
- ¼ cup of oat flour
- ¼ cup of desiccated coconut + 2-3 more tablespoons for decoration
- 3-4 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F).
Mix the coconut oil with maple syrup and sugar.
Add the rice flour, oat flour and desiccated coconut and mix again. The mixture will be crumbly and dry.
Start adding the milk little by little and keep mixing until you have a dough that stays together when you press it.
Roll the dough, sprinkle it with the rest of the desiccated coconut and slightly press the coconut down. Then, cut the dough into even rectangles or squares.
Transfer the cookies onto a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for 15-18 or until golden.
Keep an eye on them because they can burn easily. They could be soft when you take them out of the oven, but once they cool down, they are crispy and delicious.
If you like the recipe, share it with your friends and if you try making these delicious vegan coconut cookies, please let me know how they turned out for you!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook for more recipe ideas. ?