Here’s a delicious, moist and very easy-to-make carrot cake recipe that’s perfect for Easter. What’s more, both the cake and the frosting are dairy-free.
I make my cake with einkorn flour which is an ancient type of wheat, but if you want to make your cake gluten-free, you can use coconut flour or rice flour. Keep in mind that they absorb liquids differently, and you’ll need a smaller amount than the usual amount of wheat flour for this recipe. About 1/3 cup of coconut flour may be enough.
One of the best things about this cake is that it tastes even better on the second day. Everybody who tried this yummy carrot cake loved it. One of my favorite things about it is the cinnamon coconut cream frosting since I love both coconut and cinnamon.
Another special ingredient for this cake is the orange peel jam I used as a sweetener, but if you don’t have it at home, you can use any sweetener of your choice and add some orange zest. However, this step is entirely optional.
I used orange peel jam as a sweetener, but if you don’t have it at home, you can use any sweetener of your choice and add some orange zest. However, this step is entirely optional.
Store the cake in the fridge.
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots (4 medium carrots)
- 1 cup grated apple (1 larger apple)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup einkorn flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons orange peel jam (or another sweetener to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla extract – optional
- Cinnamon to taste
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon orange peel jam (or another sweetener to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla extract – optional
- Pecans for decoration
- Grate or grind the carrots and apples.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix well all the ingredients except for the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Then, add the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture onto a greased baking tray (or cover the tray with baking paper).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cake feels firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- Scoop out the solid part of a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk.
- Add the cinnamon, sweetener (I used orange peel jam again) and beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it’s fluffy just like regular cream.
- Frost the cake and decorate with pecans.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Truffles
- Delicious Carrot Cake Cookies
- Vegan Easter Nests
- Carrot And Apple Oat Muffins (Vegan)
- Paleo Coconut Lemon Cake
If you like the recipe, share it with your friends, and if you try making this delicious carrot cake, please let me know how they turned out for you!
Don’t forget to follow me on my social media pages for more recipe ideas.
2 thoughts on “Dairy-Free Carrot Cake With Cinnamon Coconut Cream Frosting”
This looks beyond amazing! As always you’ve made me hungry!!!!
Thank you very much, Scott! You are always so kind to me! 🙂
Comments are closed.